Subscribe to the RSS feed and follow me on Twitter

Great iPhone WordPress Theme Plugin With AdSense

Ever since the advent of the iPhone, I’ve always tried to have an iPhone optimized theme for my sites. For the last 2 plus years I’ve been using the iWPhone plugin for WordPress. It did the job with a simple straight forward approach. However recently, I switched to WPtouch. This plugin is a power house. It also provides a feature I’ve always wanted for my mobile themes – Google AdSense integration. More on that in a minute. (Click on images below to see close-ups.)

iphone_1_small.jpg

To start it lets you set up a simple theme and then, when you are ready, you can really dig in an customize all types of features. As you can see, the home page displays a simple chronological listing of your most recent posts (I chose calendar display – it also has thumbnail view), allows for a number of menu functions and a feature to read the first few lines of the post before committing to the next screen.

iPhone_2_small.jpg

The post screen displays the whole post and allows for both the submission and display of comments.

This is also where you’ll see the Google AdSense, it dislpays between the title bar and the post content. The Adsense is optimized for mobile content and has a rollover display that pages through the advertiser title, link address and copy elements. If you are curious to take the theme for a spin and see it in action, I’ve set it up on MWGblog.com, PodcastAcademy.com and ReelReviewsRadio.com.

Another nice feature is the theme works for iPhone, iPod Touch, Android smartphones, Palm Pre and BlackBerry Storm.

As for podcasting, it worked just fine playing audio tracks straight from the sites. Perhaps in a future version some intelligence can be built in to display a small “play” symbol next to the file link. I’d also like to see the ability to add AdSense to the main page perhaps after every 2 or 3 post titles.

I’ve just scratched the surface here. Make sure to check out WPtouch’s great gallery of Features and the whole host of Admin options.

16 Responses to “Great iPhone WordPress Theme Plugin With AdSense”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 Mike Dell Feb 1st, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Great plugin! I put it on my 3 wordpress installs and it looks great on Android. Not just for iphone/ipod.

Thanks!

-Mike Dell

2. Gravatar Icon 2 Marcos Feb 25th, 2010 at 6:04 pm
  3. Gravatar Icon 3 Mike Roberts Jun 15th, 2010 at 2:43 am

The best thing about this is that you can really choose your level of work. “You set up a simple theme and then, when you are ready, you can really dig in an customize all types of features.”

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Jocuri online Aug 9th, 2010 at 5:42 am

Nice plugin, i put it on my wordpress sites and it looks very good, thanks!

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Desene online Sep 4th, 2010 at 2:42 am

Thank you very much Great post…thanks for share this

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Topwebhosting Sep 8th, 2010 at 6:15 am

nice themes! do you need some webhosting for Iphone website

7. Gravatar Icon 7 claro mensajes Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

This is a great theme plugin i am going to update my blog for the iphone users.

8. Gravatar Icon 8 mensajes claro Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:43 pm

So nice Really plugin, i put it on my wordpress and it works so fine.

9. Gravatar Icon 9 contract iphone Feb 3rd, 2011 at 12:50 pm

great plugin if like my you want adsense on your blog

10. Gravatar Icon 10 PlayKids Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:32 am

Works fine , using it for some time !

11. Gravatar Icon 11 Watch Titanic Online Sep 10th, 2011 at 2:00 am

Totally, it took me about 30 minutes to find this awesome post. Thank you very much.

12. Gravatar Icon 12 Colin Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

That is a great idea. Too bad I don’t use smart phones, otherwise this would mean more to me.
    I wonder how the CTR is on a phone?

13. Gravatar Icon 13 Fort Myers Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:12 am

Great question by Colin! Does anybody know the click through rate for mobile ads?

14. Gravatar Icon 14 mensajes claro Jan 8th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Great iPhone WordPress Theme Plugin With AdSense

Tienen razon en muchas cosas, voy a ver si implemento algo de lo leido. Gracias

15. Gravatar Icon 15 KeyTheme Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:25 am

Nice theme collection. I was looking some times to match my requirements and then find it. Thank you.

1. 1 Broma de el helado » Youtube Videos Chistosos – Solo Los Mejores Videos. pingback on Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Comments are currently closed.

Recent Posts

Monthly Archives

Categories

About

Michael W. Geoghegan is founder and CEO of GigaVox Media, a production, consulting and technology company focused on audio/video new media.

As a pioneer of podcasting, Michael created some of the first corporate podcasts, including efforts by Disney. Michael is also creator of the 2008 James Beard Award winning "GrapeRadio" and "Reel Reviews: Films Worth Watching". He is editor-in-chief of the Podcast Academy™ book series and co-author of Podcast Solutions: The Complete Guide to Podcasting.

Michael speaks frequently on podcasting's impact on new media and its corporate applications and is often quoted by the media including in The New York Times, USA Today, CNN and Wired Magazine.